Autor: Arvind Agrawal
To: Sudeep K N
CC: yaffs
Betreff: Re: [Yaffs] Files lost on remount with arm linux and yaffs2
Sudeep,

I had the same problem, "all files lost and only lost+found visible", while
I was using linux-2.6.11.7 with MTD layer back ported from Linux-2.6.17.x .
And this error was due to incompatibilities between the YAFFS2 code and the
MTD layer, I was using.
There was a patch available in yaffs2/patch/yaffs_mtdif2.c for Linux
versions lower than 2.6.18 , which fixed the problem for me.
My understanding is (???) that this problem shouldn't be seen with
linux-2.6.18.
I will suggest that you try to use the latest yaffs2 code...(???)

Now, I am using linux-2.6.20.3 and have a new problem. I have been using
NAND Flash with JFFS2 on ROOTFS partition and yaffs2 on larger USERFS
partition without any issues since Jan. 2007. But couple of times in last
few months, I noticed that large amount of blocks (200 + blocks) were marked
bad.

>From what I understand, this can happen only if the ERASE BLOCK fails

multiple times, or in last session , if the TAG buffers were corrupted, due
to some bug in MY MTD driver, OOB got corrupted with first 2 bytes (used for
marking bad blocks) changed to values other than 0xFF and thus putting these
blocks in BBT on next reboot.
Also these blocks are in sequence and at partition end.
I am not sure what happened here but still struggling to understand and
recreate the problem...

Arvind