Re: [Yaffs] Problems with mkyaffs2image.c v1.5

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] Problems with mkyaffs2image.c v1.5
Stanley

A clarification...

I said modifying mkyaffs2, not mkyaffs2image. But, egg on my face, there is no
such thing as mkyaffs2 though there is a tool for yaffs1 called mkyaffs.
http://www.yaffs.net/gitweb?p=yaffs/.git;a=blob;f=utils/mkyaffs.c

mkyaffs runs on the target to "format" a partition (ie erase it) and writes in
an optional image.

This is pretty much equivalent to doing
flash_eraseall
nandwrite optional image.

If we had a mkyaffs2 then we would not rely on mtd incorporating the patch
into nandwrite.

Regards

Charles