Til: yaffs
Emne: Re: [Yaffs] A Three YEARs Problem!!!-----Can not see file after write yaffs2 image on NAND
On Sunday 11 October 2009 16:53:21 徐骁 wrote:
> Hi, everybody!
> I encounter a problem recently.
> When I try to write yaffs2 image to nand, it always fail!!

> # mkyaffs2image ./rootfs/ rootfs.yaffs2.img
> # flash_eraseall /dev/mtd6
> # nand_write -a -o /dev/mtd6 rootfs.yaffs2.img
> # mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock6 /data
> # ls /data
> lost+found
>
>     I have searched in this maillist for some useful information,
> a little disappoint, this problem had been found in 2007, but there
> is still no a solution at present.

This question has been asked and answered many times.

The image layout that you need to write to nand depends on many things,
including the OOB layout. For that reason, mkyaffs2image is not able to
create an image that will work for all NAND types, NAND controllers etc.

You will likely need to modify mkyaffs2image to work with your NAND set up.

-- Charles