Til: yaffs
Emne: [Yaffs] yaffs1 mount - please help
Hi to all
I am Marco Rimpatriato and I am a master student at the Politechnic of Torino in Italy.
I have worked on YAFFS for my thesis that is focused on solving a problem in airspace environment.
I have understood all the mechnisms of the file system's guts and I think of all the interfaces too (I have dealt with YAFFS1).
I am interested to mount it in all the three options (direct, linux-module, linux-kernel) but, after two days if tries i had to realize that I am not able to do it.

In particular for what concerns the linux module I followed precisingly all the procedure suggested but I did not came out:

1.. Hack the Makefile and change the KERNELDIR define to your kernel directory.

2.. If you don't have mtd support in your kernel, then you might need to turn off USE_MTD otherwise the yaffs module might not load.

3.. Type make clean; make to build yaffs

4.. Load yaffs as a module by typing /sbin/insmod yaffs.o (ya gotta be root!).

5.. Create a mount point eg. mkdir /mnt/y

6.. To mount the RAM emulation version of yaffs, mount -t yaffsram none /mnt/y

7.. Alternatively, to mount the mtd version of yaffs, mount -t yaffs /dev/mtd0 /mnt/y

The problem is that when I type "make clean; make" the resul is such a huge amount of errors:

gcc -c -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DCONFIG_YAFFS_RAM_ENABLED -DCONFIG_YAFFS_MTD_ENABLED -DCONFIG_YAFFS_USE_GENERIC_RW -DCONFIG_SHORT_NAMES_IN_RAM -DCONFIG_YAFFS_USE_NANDECC -I /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-24/include -O2 -Wall yaffs_fs.c -o yaffs_fs.o
yaffs_fs.c:36:26: error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-24/include/linux/kernel.h:11,
from yaffs_fs.c:37:
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-24/include/linux/linkage.h:4:25: error: asm/linkage.h: No such file or directory

yaffs_fs.c:1661: error: too many arguments to function 'create_proc_read_entry'
yaffs_fs.c:1683: error: 'yaffs_ram_fs_type' undeclared (first use in this function)
yaffs_fs.c: In function 'exit_yaffs_fs':
yaffs_fs.c:1710: error: 'yaffs_ram_fs_type' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [yaffs_fs.o] Error 1

I have reported just few rows at the beginning and at the end but row are a very huge number! (I am sorry for some strange characters but this is ue
At a first sight errors seems to came only from not found packets in kernel directory and from yaffs_fs.c
I saw that the file yaffs_fs calls config.h that in my kernel dir (/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-24) is not present! But there are problems also with others.

Please help me! How can I do to make YAFFS working on my Linux (I have tryed it on Ubuntu 9 and xubuntu 8.04)?

I have tryed also YAFFS2, following the same procedure explained for YAFFS1 and, when I make the files all works but when I insert the generated file yaffs2.o (/sbin/insmod yaffs2.o) it says that is not a module and if i try with yaffs2.mod.o (/sbin/insmod yaffs2.mod.o) it recognizes the module but tells me that there is an unknown symbol.

Please help me...

Marco